The Window Cleaning Company
The Window Cleaning Company Terms & Conditions
The Window Cleaning Company Terms & Conditions
The Window Cleaning Company will be referred to as TWCC throughout our terms and conditions:
1) Please read carefully, by accepting our quotation/services you agree to be bound by TWCC terms and conditions.
2) For window cleaning services a minimum of 6 cleans per year is subject to agreement for residential clients. A minimum of 12 months is subject to agreement for commercial clients. Any changes in regularity thereafter will incur a price increase of up to 35%. All first cleans are subject to an additional 50% cost. One off cleans are subject to agreement. Cancelling TWCC services must be done in writing,text or email. You will receive confirmation from our head office that we have received your notification. TWCC is not responsible for any communication that is lost in the post or out of their control. If you cancel within the minimum agreement or the agreement has not been fulfilled TWCC reserves the right to charge any outstanding cleans.
3) A minimum of 24 hours notice is needed if you do not require your windows to cleaned or any other services to be cleaned subject to agreement. If TWCC have text/scheduled or arrived to clean and you have not given TWCC a minimum of 12 hours notice that you do not require our services as agreed then TWCC reserves the right to charge up to 100% of the price payable for your clean to compensate any time wasted and travelling costs. If TWCC have arrived to clean after text notice has been sent and you no longer require our service TWCC reserves the right to charge up to 100% of the clean. A one calendar months notice is also required if you want to cancel our window cleaning service.
4) To clean at the rear of your property TWCC operatives need to have access, therefore the gate/garage should be unlocked. Please supply your contact details via text,call or contact us on www.thewindowcleaningcompanystourbridge.co.uk/contact-us so TWCC can text/call you the night before a clean. TWCC reserves the right to charge up to 100% of your normal cost if our operatives cannot gain access to the rear of the property and will only clean what is obtainable.
5) TWCC will not accept liability for damage caused from any act of god when cleaning property therein.
6) TWCC operates a 12 monthly service throughout the year,this means TWCC may clean your windows during inclement weather. TWCC reserves the right to decide if the window cleaning services should be carried out. Rain does not affect the quality of your clean. If you or any representative prevents our operatives from cleaning TWCC reserves the right to charge up to 100% of your normal cost for the clean to compensate travelling and time wasted.
7) If you are not satisfied with any of our cleaning service results please contact TWCC within 24 hours from date of clean on 01384 732 175 or 07415 485 252. An operative will rectify to your satisfaction within 72 hours any poor work results or services. If any complaint is proven to not be as a result of our window cleaning or services provided, TWCC reserves the right to charge a call out charge of up to £30 to cover expenses and time lost. TWCC does not accept responsibility for any complaints that are not made within the required 24-hour time period from date of initial clean. It is your responsibility to ensure TWCC Head Office receives your call or letter and that you obtain a reference number from TWCC Head Office relating to your complaint.
8) In accordance with TWCC health & safety policy we request all small children and pets are kept inside the property whilst our operatives are cleaning your windows or any other cleaning service provided by us. All items of garden furniture/household items/plant pots etc should be away from the window and allow reasonable access to enable the window to be cleaned. It is the customers' responsibility to ensure that all animal excrement has been cleared from any area where TWCC will require access. TWCC reserves the right to charge up to £30 to your account for cleaning, sanitizing and time wasted if TWCC operatives or equipment should come into contact with any kind of animal excrement.
9) TWCC operatives will clean all windows, but any windows that are inaccessible or unsafe will not be cleaned.
10) In the event of any accident or damage TWCC will instruct an insurance assessor if needed to investigate as to the reason for the incident. Any accident/damage deemed out of TWCC control from poorly maintained windows,leaded glass,doors or conservatory roof or faulty construction, TWCC will not be held responsible and the customer will be liable for any repair or out of pocket expenses.
11) TWCC will not accept liability for any water damage caused to the property or the items therein where the windows,doors or conservatory are not sealed adequately or have been left open prior to a clean. TWCC will not be liable for any damage due to poorly maintained windows/doors or conservatories. TWCC will not accept liability for watermarks, water stains, ladder marks, ladder stains or damage to any property when carrying out any internal/external cleaning, this also includes decor, soft furnishings and floor coverings.
12) All claims must be made in writing and addressed to TWCC head office within 48 hours after the liability has arisen. It is your responsibility to ensure TWCC head office receive your letter and you obtain a reference number from TWCC head office relating to your complaint/claim.
13) TWCC are comprehensively insured under our public & employers liability insurance policy.
14) Prior to commencing any commercial work a risk assessment/method statement and or H&S policy can be recorded and produced if requested.
15) Payment for window cleaning provided by TWCC must be made within 5 days from date of clean. Any other cleaning services provided by TWCC must be paid within 48 hours. Payment is to be made by cash,bacs,card and cash,we do not accept cheque. Please note that TWCC do not offer a clean and return for payment collection service. It is your responsibility as the customer, to ensure that payment reaches TWCC. We reserve the right to charge £5 plus interest in line with the standard interest rate current on the date of clean set out by Barclays Bank on any late payment up to £49, £10 on any late payment between £50-£99 & £20 on any late payment from £100. Interest will be calculated on a daily basis until payment is received. If payment exceeds 30 days an additional charge of £30 will be added to your account to compensate for all types of communication required to collect payment. If, after unsuccessful attempts to recover the outstanding amount due and the amount remains unpaid after 45 days from date of clean, TWCC reserves the right to pass this account over to our legal department to proceed with court action to recover the debt. An additional £60 plus court costs and all additional charges incurred with regards to this debt will also be added.
16) TWCC may take photographs for advertising for our website and Facebook page (at no time will address or exact location details be shown). TWCC collects data from our customers in the form of name,address,telephone numbers and e-mail address. This information is strictly for the use of TWCC and to assist in carrying out our services. At no time will your data ever be sold or passed on to 3rd party users. We respect customer’s privacy; this information is kept in line with data protection regulations at all times.
17) TWCC reserves the right to increase their charges by up to 35% per annum from date of first clean and every 12 months thereafter.
18) Throughout TWCC providing any of their services all representative of TWCC will remain polite, courteous,reliable and professional at all times. If any representative of TWCC fails to adhere to this code of conduct you are to report this immediately to TWCC head office and also send in a letter detailing what happened. This in turn will be investigated internally and TWCC will write to you detailing the outcome of their investigation.
19) Any services provided by TWCC - window cleaning, fascia & gutter cleaning, roof cleaning, conservatory roof cleans, patio cleans, driveway cleaning, render cleaning or jet washing TWCC will not accept liability for any damage caused to vehicles, property, fixtures or fittings thereof.
20) You may cancel our services within 14 calendar days of booking. You do not have to give any reason. To cancel our service/agreement you must inform us of your decision in writing either by signed for delivery,email or text. You can request that we carry out any of our services within the 14 day cancellation period. If you subsequently decide to cancel our services after any work has been carried out within the cancellation period you will be liable to pay any outstanding amount at the agreed term.